Our Family Landscaping Business Has a Lot to Offer
Modified Landscape Design builds lasting relationships with customers, which helps us deliver high-quality landscaping services that meet and exceed each customer's expectations. On the flip side of the coin, we build tight-knit relationships within our company. Each member of our team is treated with respect and encouraged to use his or her skills to perform well every day. We take pride in our landscaping work! Working on our team is about giving our customers our highest level of craftsmanship.
Enjoy the Comradery of a Family Business Culture
It's amazing how much work we can get done when we work together and respect each other's professional strengths. Working on our crews is like working with family. We have a good time, we work hard, and we get the job done well.
Austin Woodworth, the owner of Modified Landscape Design, has a great gift for leadership. He mentors his employees like a big brother, truly caring for how they do their job and how they are doing personally. When you work under Austin's guidance, you're going to learn something new and accomplish great things.
The rest of the leadership here is just as high-quality. Learn more about our company and our management on the About page.
Current Job Openings
Are you interested in working on our team? Our current job openings are listed below. If you would like to apply for one of these jobs, please fill out the Job Application Form.
Full Job Description
Modified Landscape Design is looking for a well-qualified crew members/laborer to join our growing operations team in Los Angeles, CA.
Landscape Crew Members do physically demanding work and must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, and the ability to concentrate on their tasks while following all safety guidelines.
Our crew members must understand and communicate information and direction. Crew Members are exposed to a variety of inclement weather conditions including heat and humidity. Reports to Crew Foreman.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Cleans and prepares specific areas of jobsite as assigned. This may include but not limited to digging trenches, clearing weeds, cleaning up rubble, debris, and trash.
- General duties performed include landscaping, irrigation, maintenance, hydroseeding, vegetation removal and installations.
- Use of hand tools and small equipment when required.
- Use of line trimmer, hedger, weedwhacker, backpack sprayer, chainsaw, and other equipment when required.
- Responsible for safe, efficient and quality completion of tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Wears personal protective equipment at all times and follows all safety procedures at all times.
- Reports any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
- Reports equipment in need of repair to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in landscaping/construction a plus.
- Experience in operating power equipment a plus.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to work in a variety of roles.
- English and Spanish preferred
- Landscaping (1 year preferred)
- Construction (1 year preferred)
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of inclement weather conditions, including heat and humidity, and tolerate exposure to dust and noise.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces up to eight hours per day.
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of machinery and equipment.
Pay: DOE, starting pay: $15.00+/hr, based on experience
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Pay: $15.00 - $18 per hour
- Holiday pay
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Meet at same location and travel to multiple locations
Typical start time: 6AM
Typical end time: 4PM
Company's website: www.modifiedlandscapedesign.com
Benefit Conditions: 90 day Waiting period may apply
What is it Like to Work for a Full-Service Landscaping Company in the Los Angeles or San Francisco Bay Area?
First, it's important to understand our target customers. The majority of our customers are homeowners who want to update their current landscape with a new design and added outdoor living features. We help our customers create their dream landscape, so they will enjoy their outdoor space for years to come. Our services for residential customers include:
- Landscape Design. Professional, sustainable landscapes for optimal beauty and function.
- Landscape Installation. High quality installation based on our design plans or plans provided by the customer.
- Irrigation Services. Includes design, installation, and repair work.
- Landscape Lighting. Includes design, installation, and repair work.
- Outdoor Living Features. Patios, fire pits, putting greens, and more professionally designed and constructed.
- Lawn Care and Landscape Management. Maintenance services are for existing customers. This includes preventative maintenance options, like erosion control.
Although we specialize in residential landscapes, we do offer some commercial landscaping services, as well. We do landscape management and lawn care services for shopping centers, business complexes, and other commercial areas. We do not offer our services to HOAs or hospitals.
Providing Comprehensive Landscaping Services
As a leader among full-service landscaping companies in California, we offer a range of services designed to protect, nurture, and beautify your property. By staying on top of advancements in the industry, we're able to bring you the latest in landscape technologies to reduce water consumption while ensuring a vibrant outdoors for years to come. Find out more and view all of our offerings at our Services page.
Lawn Care and Landscape Management
We offer monthly and seasonal maintenance options for existing customers to ensure your landscape's long-term health. This includes fertilizer and irrigation services, in addition to preventative measures like erosion control. Find out more about our various offerings in Lawn Care and Landscape Management.
Residential Landscape Installation
Your property will stay green and healthy with our sustainable solutions. From outdoor living areas to synthetic turf and landscape lighting we can do it all. Make the most of your outdoors with our Residential Landscape Installation services.
Discover What Sets Us Apart from Local Landscaping Companies
Our work speaks for itself, but our customers have something to say, too. From our family-friendly professionalism to our punctuality and communication, learn what has kept home and business owners coming back to Modified Landscape Design.
"Simply the best. We have been a client for many years. Austin and his team are top notch -- excellent service, very professional, and nice people too. Highest recommendation."
Megan B - Chatsworth, CA
"Since 2015 and for continuing years, Modified Landscape has been our source for irrigation installation projects in several areas of our 33-acre botanic garden. We could not be more pleased with their work. They know the best way to handle each project through the hills and curves and are willing to discuss it with us ahead of time. Their team is responsible and capable."
Beverly B. - Westlake Village, CA
"Modified Landscapes has a reliable, knowledgeable team. They are not only quick to respond to issues with irrigation/outdoor plumbing, landscape lighting, and plants/trees, they are a creative experts in landscape design (planting, hardscape, lighting and irrigation). Their expertise in recommending and finding plants and setting up systems for low water use is unparalleled. Since they have been working for me, my water bill has been cut in half.
Modified Landscapes is more than a "mow, blow, and go" maintenance service. They take great care in the small details, as well as in the overall landscape vision."
Maria T H. - Topanga, CA
"Great work every time with a no nonsense approach. I would highly recommend his team."
Michael P. - Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA
Join the Landscaping Team with High Standards
Whatever job we're doing, we do it to the best of our abilities. We only use high quality materials and installation techniques. Safety of our employees is a high priority for us. We don't want you to get injured on the job! We also are dedicated to excellent quality workmanship, which means every team member pools together their amazing skills and talents to make each landscape the best we can make it. Through teamwork and professionalism, we set the standards in landscaping jobs in Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area and surrounding areas.
Benefits of Our Landscaping Jobs
We expect our employees to work hard and to be honest and reliable. In return, we offer the following benefits:
Sick days and Vacation days
Management and Crew Leaders receive a cell phone, credit card, and email address
Paid training and education in regards to landscaping or software
All our employees are valued. You can expect us to be fair and ethical when it comes to hours and wages.
The Best Choice for Landscaping Companies in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley
Modified Landscape Design is proud to serve customers throughout LA's San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel Valley, in addition to the Silicon Valley Area in San Francisco.
We also service the following San Francisco communities:
We work with customers in the following Los Angeles neighborhoods:
Finding and Building Sustainable Landscape Solutions
It has always been our goal to provide people in California with landscapes that are sustainable and good for the environment. To that end, we come up with innovative solutions to help our customers consume less water. We want people to enjoy a green, vibrant landscape, even in our arid climate. From installing better irrigation systems to planting native plants, our sustainable solutions have been working for 20 years. In fact, we are now setting the standards for sustainable landscaping practices in our area.
We Offer Exceptional Customer Service
One of our core company values is to provide the highest level of professionalism and honesty in all of our professional relationships. To do this, every member of our team has to be service-minded. We all care about giving our customers what they want in their landscape. We strive to gain trust through our work performance and our overall integrity.
Whenever we communicate directly with the customer, we show respect and professionalism. That helps them feel comfortable and valued, so we can maintain a great relationship with them for a long time.